The Leader tractor brand was used in the US by several different companies from 1913 to 1949. The Leader Engine Company acquired Midland Tractor and produced tractors in Michigan in 1913. Leader, along with other firms, merged with Dayton Foundry & Machine into Dayton-Dick in 1915. Dayton-Dick, later Dayton-Dowd, manufactured tractors in Illinois until 1924. The Leader name reappeared in Ohio in the 1940s on small utility tractors built until 1949.